How long have you had your adventure-mobile ? Got it on New Year’s eve, 2013, and it took about 6 months to build it out.
Owners’s name: Ed Cleary
What do you do? Software
Hobbies? Surfing, a little grappling, and coaching my kids
Does your rig have a name? My boys started calling it “Baja Betty” and that stuck.
Is it a daily driver? Nope, I have an all electric Fiat 500e. I’m the social proof people drive
differently around you based on what you’re driving……
Modifications or add-on accessories? At some point, there’s just too many to list, but the “can’t live without thems,” are:
– ARB Truck-top tent: (I’m convinced, however, one factory makes them for every company you’ve seen) with some memory foam tossed in there.
– ARB Fridge: you can’t place enough value on cold, fresh, dry food a few days in.
– 22 gallon fresh water tank.
– Air System (compressors, tanks, fill hose, etc..) airing down is a lifesaver for Baja washboard.
– Good suspension system. No need for all the details, but speed and comfort for 10+ hours on Baja roads is a must.
– Entertainment system. Same reason, you’ve got to have good music, and the occasion video for the kids (both going on at the same time) while you click away the miles.
– Solar, Deep cycle batteries, and an inverter: We can run everything for days just on a small fold out panel, that includes a kettle for coffee, soup, whatever.
It would be a mistake not to mention Skip at StreetNoyz San Diego who’s an artist with everything from the electronics, to completely custom build-outs for our water tanks, air system, fridge set up…… really anything you can dream up.
Where do you take it/ use it for? Mostly all over Baja, but we do the mountains and deserts around CA too. Typically head towards a cold beer and warm water, however……
Memorable trips? Hard not to say all of them. Really no replacing spending time with your wife and kids in some simple, quite, relaxed spot off the beaten path.